torsdag den 8. november 2012

J.S. Bach vocal music

Here is music that is corner stones in my music listening. Bach wrote passions, and I cannot recall anything so passioned as his masses and cantatas.
This recording will always follow me. The music is from another and better world.











The older Jochum record is a great  duplo to have. Warm and passionated in another way than Gardiners.











The swedish record label BIS is doing a great job in recordet music.
They are passionated too, and they have great partners in their Bach records. The japanese travel in Bachs cantatas  is important and wonderfull listening.

This is a record I often spend my time with.












An long time guest is the cantata "Ich Habe Genug"
my two version are quite different. Quite old and quite new. Hans Hotter and Klaus Mertens are singers of glory

Music for souls.
I love the "La Petite Band" and Kuijken in barouqe music.












And I adore the Gardiners travels in Bach. Magnificat is special to me. The first record where the Gardiner win me over.




And of course, the Herreweghian way must be heard too.











And Harnoncourt, the man who created so much musicpleasure. This is passionate!











And here two great female singers:

Christine Schäfer and Dawn Upshaw.
C

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar