tirsdag den 9. november 2010

Music of Bach on the piano

I am a very little piano player myself, so great piano playing is a great thing for me to listening to. Here is my favourite piano records with music from the great J.S. Bach. I have some cembalo records, but I admit that the piano is my way to Bachs instrumental music.

The list is also shows some of ”my” pianists.

Ivo Pogorelich is always a pleasure to listening to, fresh air and great dynamics. His Bach has great spirit.



This CD from Pires is a delightfull affair. Great sound from a grand in a church acoustic, and enjoyable playing of highest rank.When I change something in my audiosystem this is one of the challenge for rhe change.



And now to my very first "love" among pianists. Wilhelm Kempff.
Goldberg variations is a favourite piece, så I list three very different records of the work. The best one? Is the one playing on the stereo!




Here is the poet of piano playing, Murray Perahia. I think it is a great recording and it sounds great.




Of course Gould is here too, he is humming too, strange - is he still alive? At least when he plays, I say it is Gould playing now. A very moving record.
 
I miss at least one Goldberg, the latest from Andras Schiff.














The Book! My first record was Richter. I still like it, in spite of the troubled acoustic. Richter is my God, and the travel in this universe is a miracle. Well Tempered Ear.




I am also satisfied with my CD version from Naxos with Jando. Indeed very happy.

And this double of the first book, Fellner raise constant in my collection.


The is pearling streaming piano playing from a unique earcatching Martha Argerich. Great sounds too.

Here is an record of special caracter, in my ears a GREAT one. But the music demands for a Koroliov to play it. Then it becomes a record for "Desert Islands". The sound is perfect. A treasure.


The tacet CD sound is unique.

And one more humming from Gould, of course.

And then there are the partitas with Richard Goode, Murray Perahia. Enjoyable transcribsions from Hess, Kempff, Busoni. And another time there will be much more Bach for orchestra and the great choral works.





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar